Moulders Arms, Bury Street, Salford. (c) Neil Richardson .
The Moulders Arms opened in an old bakery on Bury Street in 1840, across the road and just to the west of where the old Globe used to stand until quite recently. In 1900 the beerhouse was rebuilt, probably by Walkers of Warrington, incorporating the butcher's next door. Just 28 years later, the Moulders was deemed structurally unsafe and it was closed down . This western end of Bury Street, where the Moulders Arms and 10 other pubs or beerhouses used to stand, have been swept away by the Trinity Way ring road.
1. Salford Pubs Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).