Junction, Embden Street. Chorlton-on-Medlock. (c) Bob Potts .
The Junction stood on the corner of Chinley Street and Embden Street, at the bottom of Vine Street in Chorlton-on-Medlock. The Walkers of Warrington house was at No.73 Embden Street and closed in 1923, eleven years after the above photo was taken of landlord John William Pearson at the door of his boozer . These three streets mentioned were swept away in the Hulme area redevelopments of the 1970s, but the intersection of Chinley and Embden Streets and the location of the Junction was pretty much where Botham Close is marked on today's map, just to the east of the Princess Parkway, immediately north of the Royal Brewery and ASDA on Greeheys Lane.
1. The Old Pubs of Hulme & Chorlton-on-Medlock, Bob Potts (1997).