Dog & Partridge, Davies Street, Salford (right). (c) Neil Richardson .
The Dog & Partridge on Davies Street, off Broughton Road (roughly where today's Blackfriars road runs) was a beerhouse formed from the knocking together of a few back-to-back houses. It's first recorded in 1850, Cornbrook Brewery owned it by the 1890s and they rebuilt the Dog & Partridge in 1899. The beerhouse lasted until 1969 after it was served with a compulsory purchase order in March 1968 for the Trinity clearance scheme . Davies Street ran north, to the west of and parallel to the still-surviving Bridgewater Street to the River Irwell, roughly where St Simon Street runs north-to-south, and the Dog & Partidge was was halfway up on the left.
1. Salford Pubs Part One: The Old Town, including Chapel Street, Greengate and the Adelphi, Neil Richardson (2003).