Princess Inn, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst. (c) Bob Potts .
Paget Street still runs east off Rochdale Road in Collyhurst today, but when it also ran west, on the corner stood the Princess Inn, a Groves & Whitnall house. The Princess opened in 1864 and it was named after Alexandra Terrace which was how this stretch of Rochdale Road was known (itself named after Princess Alexandra who married the Prince of Wales - Kind Edward VII). Just 9 years after it was granted its full public house licence, the pub was closed due to a compulsory purchase order in 1969 . Replacing it are the houses and flats of the Collyhurst Road estate.
1. The Old Pubs of Rochdale Road and neighbourhood Manchester, Bob Potts (1985).