The Bee Hive stood on the south-west corner of Martha Street and West Worsley Street, just off Regent Road. It opened as a beerhouse in 1868, later belonging to Watson, Woodhead & Wagstaffe before passing to Walker & Homfray in 1912. Apparently, the Bee Hive was forced to close in 1939 as it only sold two barrels and two dozen bottles a week, averaging only four customers a day . The photo shown above is listed as 1972 so it must have reopened and before finally being lost due to compulsory purchase orders for the area's regeneration. The approximate site of the old boozer is at the bend of Craven Avenue.
2. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Ordsall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton, Neil Richardson (2003).