Pubs of Manchester

All pubs within the city centre and beyond.
A history of Manchester's hundreds of lost pubs.

Sunday 24 July 2011

Osborne, Rochdale Road

Osborne, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst. (c) Gene Hunt at flickr.

This distinctive old pub is on the corner of Rochdale Road and Osborne Street in Collyhurst about a mile up Rochdale Road from town.  Seen in busier times in 1958, 1976 (I think as a Wilsons house), three times here in 1981, it was also a Banks's house as seen in 1986.  The Osborne has been renovated in recent years since a side wall collapse [1] and could be earmarked for conversion to flats.  


Osborne, Rochdale Road, Collyhurst. (c) Bill Boaden at closedpubs..

1. www.flickr.com/photos/90384027@N00/2815898748.

7 comments:

  1. My auntie milly and her husband
    Ran it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her husband was tim carlisle
    (Albert)brother of elsie carlisle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. I am attempting to locate a photo of Albert 'Tim' Carlisle, in connection with some research I am carrying out into the Manchester-born writer and composer, Anthony Burgess. I would be keen to correspond with you directly if you are happy to reply.

      Delete
  3. I worked there when Rick and Mal Jones were the landlords in the late 80's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I! Rick was my Dad, now sadly no longer with us xx

      Delete
  4. You just never thought pubs would disappear even though this one is still up.Thank god the Marble Arch is still running

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Granny used to take me there early seventies

    ReplyDelete