Preceding the nearby Crescent pub by at least 20 years, the Crescent Inn was a beerhouse next door to the White Lion / Gardeners Arms and next door-but-one to the Black Horse. The Crescent Inn can be traced back to 1850 under Joseph Dineley but the building was much older, as evidenced by the magistrates decision to allow licensee Albert Burns to rebuilt the beerhouse as the building was over 100 years old and condemned. The work may have been carried out by Boddingtons Brewery as they were the owners at the turn of the century. The Crescent Inn was small, only having a vault and parlour and custom wasn't up to much. In 1910 the police tried to get it closed as trade had declined to such an extent that the tenant, Albert Brooksbank had resorted to the "long pull" - three halves for the price of a pint. The pub was destroyed in an air raid in June 1941 .
1. Salford Pubs - Part Two: Including Islington, Orsdall Lane and Ordsall, Oldfield Road, Regent Road and Broughton. Neil Richardson (2003).