Pubs of Manchester

All pubs within the city centre and beyond.
A history of Manchester's hundreds of lost pubs.

Thursday 30 September 2010

Crown & Lion, Lever Street



Site of Crown & Lion, Lever Street. (c) googlemaps.

A few doors before Warwick Street as you go up Lever Street used to be the Crown & Lion, roughly where the bus stop is in the above picture [1].  In the background can be seen the old Prince of Wales on Warwick Street and in the far distance all the way down on Great Ancoats Street, the Star Inn with its Dutch roof.

1. Manchester (Piccadilly) 1849, Alan Godfrey Maps (2009).

2 comments:

  1. I have been there so many times spend some good time with my friends and family during the weekends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.





    Apartments for Rent in Manchester

    ReplyDelete